Martes, Hulyo 16, 2013

Native Chicken Arroz Caldo



This is a Comfort Food for me. I am not into "Lugaw/ Congee" but this dish always exempt me from my personal restrictions!

Ingredients:
Native Chicken, chopped in serving sizes
Ginger (minced)
Garlic (minced)
Spring Onions (Chopped), separate the green part and the white part
Saffron or Kasubha
Calamansi
Fried Garlic 
Fish Sauce or Patis
Hard Boiled Eggs
Oil for Sauteeing

1. Heat oil (not so much), saute minced ginger, garlic, saffron and the white part of the onion leeks. 
2. Add in native chicken. Once fragrant, set aside the chicken only. Leave ginger, garlic, kasubha and leeks in the pan. 
3. Throw in the rice, slightly toast  it. Until oil has been absorbed by the rice. 
4. Boil Water in a pot. Native chicken's cooking time will be about 1 hour or so. Add chicken pieces into our boiling water, about half way cooking (after 30mins),
add the rice. 
5. Mix occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking at the bottom of the pot. I strongly suggest that you use a wooden ladel or the plastic ones (heat resistant).
6. Add patis.
7. Once cooked, garnish with Spring onions, fried garlic, slices of Hard boiled eggs and calamansi, then serve. 


TIPS:
For mommies like me, you can also prepare this dish for our kid's baon... Make sure you put this in a sealed tight container to prevent it from leaking. 

SORRY I DON'T USUALLY MEASURE MY INGREDIENTS. BUT I STILL HOPE THIS RECIPE WILL STILL HELP YOU!

ENJOY!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento