Biyernes, Disyembre 26, 2014

Cream of Mushroom Soup


Cream of mushroom soup has been a favorite of mine since we were kids (my siblings and me) or even most of us here.... Of course, when we were growing up, it was just the Campbell’s Mushroom Soup we normally cook. And later on during younger years, still on Campbell's, I discovered that it was so much better If I added milk instead of water, and how important it was to slowly add the milk while stirring so it will not form clumps.

Even up to this day, I still love mushroom soup, and so happy that I just make it from scratch using lots of fresh mushrooms, shallots, chicken stock and cream. 

I will be more happy to share my knowledge and let you feel proud that you can make your own Mushroom soup out from fresh ingredients! 

Here are some on my list!
FRESH (Only fresh) Shiitake Mushrooms or Portobello Mushroom (better)
Heavy Cream
Butter
Chicken Stock
Shallots
Fresh Ground Pepper

1. Heat pan, add butter, saute onions and mushrooms. Let the butter coat the mushrooms and set aside.
2. Boil Chicken stock.
3. Using a blender or food processor, puree the soup until smooth. Then return to the pot. (If the soup is too thick for you, add some water or more stock to thin the soup to your desired level thickness.)
4. Combine blended mushrooms, stock, salt and pepper to taste and whisk in heavy cream. Mix thoroughly to prevent clumps.
5. Serve hot and enjoy your soup!



You might find out later on that the taste of the mushroom is too strong? Add some chicken stock or keep some puree mushrooms in the freezer without the cream so you can cook it again in your next batch!

You may add garlic while sauteing your mushrooms, but it depends. it will kick some flavor out of your fresh mushrooms!

Portobello mushroom is tastier than other mushrooms, the flavor is more intense. if you have extra budget to buy these.... Why not???!!!!

I AM NOT INTO MEASURING INGREDIENTS. BUT STILL, I HOPE THIS RECIPE HELPS!




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento